SciArk™ is a field-deployable, alternate-fuel, EPA certified, zero emissions, solar and wind assisted mobile lab. The patent pending platforms (vans or trucks) are devices, systems, and methods for equipment manufacturers, companies, and researchers to run their instruments, electronics, and sensors for extended periods of time, unattended, at the job site or while in transit.
- Patent pending mobile platform(s) and related devices
- 600+ mile driving range
- Manual selection of regular gas and/or propane fuels to job site
- Alt-fuel vehicle, EPA certified
- Zero pollution when stationary
- Solar assisted battery charges in vehicle and in cargo area
- 40+ hour run–time of scientific instruments without shore power
- 10 AGM batteries (6-volt, 400 amp hour) in cargo area
- 4500 watt portable sine wave inverter runs on gas or propane (EPA and CARB certified) when shore power is unavailable
- DOT approved propane tanks in pull behind trailer for portable inverter
- 2 pure sine-wave inverter/battery chargers (3200 Watts each) in cargo area to independently operate three science stations
- Cargo area insulated with R-30 and 0.4mm Mylar, IR protected
- 2 Roof mounted high efficiency AC units - 13,500 BTU, 10.2 running amps
- Continuous operation of equipment (mobile or stationary) for extended periods of time, unattended
- Encrypted data streamed to client locations
- Turn-key, plug-play-go platform
- Client customization, both vehicle and trailer versions
Options: Science Package and auxiliary Trailer Package, as well as additional client customizations.
Envirolytics™ provides patent-pending mobile platforms (vans or trucks), which have been converted and EPA certified, to run on gasoline, propane, or compressed natural gas (CNG). An array of on-board batteries is connected to two (2) pure sine-wave inverters, 3200 watts each, which provide clean, continuous, and uninterrupted power for scientific instruments, electronics, and sensors.
Within each platform is a battery bank of ten 6-volt AGM batteries arranged in series and in parallel to provide 12-volt power to the inverters and sensors. Each battery is rated at 400 amp hours, providing up to 40+ hours of continuous power for most scientific instruments requiring 120 volt, 15 amp service.
Whenever shore power is available, exterior ports on the vehicles enable easy, waterproof, and secure connections for unlimited run time. Shore power is routed to a UL® approved Industrial Control Panel in the van, ensuring sensitive electronics are protected at all times.
In addition to shore power options, the vehicles are equipped with 5 monocrystalline solar panels, totaling 795 watts (29.5 amp/hour), with dual charge controllers. Additional stand-alone solar panels can be daisy-chained to the existing panels, which are permanently installed on the roof and the side of the platform. As an option, a wind turbine may be mounted on the vehicle or as a stand-alone unit to charge the batteries to the inverters when the unit is stationary. A RAM air turbine (RAT), used in aircraft to provide back-up power to mission critical flight systems when power is lost, can be mounted to the vehicle for charging the batteries when the van is mobile. Also, when mobile the platform may use power from vehicle’s alternator to keep the batteries at full charge.
When conventional shore power is unavailable and when ancillary charging options are insufficient, the vehicles come with a 4500 watt, portable, pure sine-wave inverter, which runs on gasoline, propane, or CNG. When ever the voltage in the battery bank reaches 11.4 VDC, a sensor from the vehicle to the portable inverter (located 25 feet from the van) starts its engine automatically. Once engaged, the portable inverter provides 120 volt 30 amp and 20 amp “shore power” to the platform. The run-time of the portable inverter can be manually adjusted and regulated. The portable inverter can be cargo-carried on the back of the vehicles, or it can be towed in a small trailer, which also has its own fuel supply of DOT approved propane tanks.
Data collected from scientific instruments and ancillary sensors in the platforms can be integrated into a PC server or laptop for display, interpretation, and/or analysis. These data can be stored for future access, used to trigger automated alert systems, or transmitted through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi hotspots for real-time analysis in remote laboratories or client centers. Clients may also access their data on a secure Envirolytics™ server using encrypted log-in credentials.
Optional sensors, such as a state-of-the-art, full function weather station (including GPS and solar radiation) and/or CO2/H2O sensors, make the platforms ideal for on-the-fly air quality measuring. Other sensors, such as radiological, ammonia, nitrogen, or methane, to name a few, can be included that clients may request or require.
In addition to a full range of customized options, the versatility and portability of the platforms permits extended run-times without the need for scientists, technicians, or researchers to be on-site. Consequently, the vehicles bring the analytic laboratory or power plant to you.